Brite Solar is a nanomaterials company utilising innovative materials and deposition techniques to deliver a new class of glass materials for greenhouses and buildings.
Brite Hellas S.A. (Brite) is a private Greek SME working with glass and nanotechnology for solar energy application. These materials either save energy in the case of Dynamic and Smart Glass, or generate energy in the case of Solar Glass.
The company was founded in 2010 by Dr. Nick Kanopoulos who also provided the initial capital for the company. The company has offices in Greece (R&D), the Netherlands (Business Development) and the U.S. (Marketing & Sales). It has a staff of 15 and a fully equipped lab to conduct its product development. Brite’s veteran management team has founded start-up companies and had successful exits along with management experience in senior positions with Fortune 500 companies. Its technical staff is highly specialised with advanced degrees and proven R&D track records.
Brite has successfully completed a number of EU and Greek Government sponsored projects.
Brite develops nanomaterials for energy applications on glass substrates. The company’s patented IP is in the material composition, the material deposition method, and the end product configuration and market placement. The company and the technology they develop has received multiple awards and recognition over the years:
- Greece Innovates: Competition for Applied Research & Innovation – Hellenic Federation of Enterprises & Eurobank 2011 – Finalist
- Best Business Cases of Eco-Innovation under the framework of the project-competition “Green Growth & Eco-Innovation”, OECD 2012 (one of three companies selected in Greece)
- Sustainability Award (Holland): Ernst & Young 2015 – First Place
- Business Angels Forum – Smart-Inno Project 2015 – Outstanding Team Award
- Business Angels Forum – Smart-Inno Project 2015 – Clear Investment Opportunity Award
- Business Angels Forum – Smart-Inno Project 2015 – Best Business Plan Presentation Award
- Best Autonomous Greenhouse Manufacturer USA & Award for Excellence in Agricultural Carbon Footprint Reduction USA: Clean Energy Awards 2016
- Step Change Pitching Competition of Glaston 2017 (Finland) – First Place
- Make Innovation Work: American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce 2018 – First Place
- NBG Business Seed: National Bank of Greece 2018 – Third Place
Brite is the only Greek company selected for a project award under EIC’s “Green Deal” program in 2020 and the only Greek company to date for EIC Equity Investment.