As your trusted partner, we’ll help you enable your infrastructure programmes to be safer, better, greener, faster and more efficient
Costain’s purpose is to improve people’s lives by connecting and keeping the nation moving with smart infrastructure; keeping water clean and flowing; powering communities sustainably and keeping people safe.
Through our smart contracting and consultancy solutions we help our clients across the UK’s transportation, water, energy and defence sectors optimise their assets and infrastructure across the whole life cycle for a digital and decarbonised future. We do this by integrating the following five services:
- Future-shaping strategic consultancy
- Digital technology solutions
- Complex programme delivery
- Consultancy and advisory
- Asset optimisation
In a fast-changing world, it’s vital to work with a partner that really understands your industry and business challenges. Our deep client insight, digital technology, advisory experience and industry knowledge gained over 155 years of delivering programmes across multiple sectors equips us to provide advice, practical options and project assurance that help you achieve better results.
We have the capacity to support clients on critical national infrastructure programmes but also the agility for smaller, local projects. Our projects include:
- Helping the Department for Transport harmonise vast quantities of data via a new cloud based platform called the Intelligent Infrastructure Control Centre (IICC) to help better manage operations and capture innovation for easier adoption at scale, driving greater productivity and resilience across its portfolio of infrastructure programmes.
- Reducing Anglian Water’s CAPEX and OPEX through the creation of an enterprise ready digital twin of a new strategic water pipeline.
- Providing unprecedented understanding of people’s travelling behaviours, reducing congestion and improving London’s poor air quality through seamless migration of an end of life video management system to an IP based, scaleable, digital system, IRIDES, which controls over 5,000 Transport for London and stakeholder cameras.
- Helping Bradford Council reduce their street lighting power consumption by 65% and its carbon emissions by over 6000 tonnes per year, saving taxpayers an estimated £189m over 50 years.
- Reducing calls on road issues to East Sussex Highways by 25%, increasing response time and providing instant access to information on the condition of their roads.