Dr Swaminathan is involved in aspects of epilepsy care, including diagnostics, treatment and epilepsy surgery
Dr Arun Swaminathan is an Assistant Professor at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He gained his medical degree from Lokmanya Tilak Medical College in Mumbai in 2004. He then moved to the USA to undertake a residency in neurology. Before commencing his current role, Dr Swaminathan undertook a clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. He now specialises in the treatment of epilepsy and works at a level 4 centre, which offers the highest level of epilepsy care for all patients. Dr Swaminathan is involved in aspects of epilepsy care, including diagnostics, treatment and epilepsy surgery. He is also involved in the field of research and has collaborated extensively with fellow researchers to explore treatment and diagnosis of epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease. He hopes that his research can be implemented to improve the lives of patients with these diseases.
- Lokmanya Tilak Medical College, Mumbai, India, MD (2004-2010)
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Internship (2012-2013)
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Neurology Residency, (2013-2016)
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Fellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology (2016-2017)
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Fellowship, Epilepsy (2017-2018)
A complete approach to epilepsy by Dr. Arun Swaminathan MD
This video provides a brief overview of epilepsy management and research options by Dr Arun Swaminathan MD.