Jisc provide digital solutions for UK education and research, as a membership organisation, in the form of digital infrastructure and services.
- We provide UK universities and colleges with shared digital infrastructure and services, such as the superfast Janet Network.
- We help the sector save time and money by negotiating sector-wide deals with IT vendors and commercial publishers.
- We offer expert and trusted advice on digital technology for education and research, built from over 30 years’ experience.
- We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
Who we are and what we do
We are the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions.
- Dedicated entirely to the sectors’ individual and collective needs
- Not a vendor: we deal with and/or work with vendors and publishers on the collective behalf
- Not for profit: every pound is used for the sectors’ benefit
- Objective, but not unbiased: we put the sectors’ interests above all else
We are of the sectors, by the sectors, for the sectors.
What does Jisc do?
We champion the importance and potential of digital technologies for UK education and research; and do three main things:
- We operate shared digital infrastructure and services
- We negotiate sector-wide deals with IT vendors and commercial publishers
- We provide trusted advice and practical assistance for universities, colleges and learning providers
Our research and development work is integrated across these three areas.
Working closely with colleagues and sector bodies our aim is to:
- Deliver considerable collective digital advantage, financial savings and efficiencies for UK universities, colleges and learning providers today
- Ensure these benefits are sustained and intelligently further enhanced
- Do all this as affordably, efficiently and as cost effectively as possible
To find out more on how we can help you, get in touch by calling us on 0300 300 2212 or emailing email@example.com.