MSC Digital is an independent organisation formed specifically to assist HMG and the UK Public Sector with cloud and technology transformation
MSC Digital have a strong history of working with the Public Sector in technology transformation – an independent organisation formed specifically to assist HMG and the UK Public Sector with cloud and technology transformation.
Since 2014, we have helped shape the strategy of several government departments to transform the way technology helps to deliver public services.
Our team has successfully delivered major digital and cloud technology transformation programmes to nine government departments – including the design and delivery of OFFICIAL platforms currently in use by Cabinet Office, CCS, DCMS, BEIS, DIT and DExEU.
We understand government because we come from government.
- improved user experience
- reduced technical complexity
- increased reliability and resilience
- simplified management and support for in-house staff
- flexibility to replace individual products and services
- ability to scale your technology environment at will
- simpler operating model to control and reduce IT spending
- safe and smooth exit from large outsourced contracts
- common standards across government
All our work is aligned to the latest Cabinet Office, GDS (Government Digital Service) and NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre) best practice.
Our technology transformation services
Our specialist technology transformation services for government and the public sector include:
- Cloud readiness, capability and maturity assessments
- Cloud-based technology transformation architecture and design
- Programme management and Agile delivery of large transformation projects
- Replacing legacy technology platforms with loosely-couple cloud-delivered services
- Infrastructure and applications redesign to take full advantage of cloud
- Cloud migration to AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Cloud-delivered Identity and Access Management (IDAM) solutions
- Cloud-delivered Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solutions
- Office 365 and Google G-Suite implementation and migration
- Consolidation and rationalisation of legacy technology environments
- Disaggregation of, and migration from, large outsourced SIAM contracts
- Operational and commercial exit plans from incumbent service providers
- Data centre exit and decommissioning
- Design, build and deployment of modern end-user-device fleets (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Chrome OS) to whole government departments (>6,000 users)
Our expertise spans the whole delivery lifecycle, whether you need short-term assistance to bridge a gap in your transition/transformation capability and work as an extension of your internal team, or a full multi-functional programme team to drive and deliver major transformation.
We can provide you with the right people and skills to deliver outcomes-based work packages with maximum commercial flexibility.
Other service offerings include:
- Strategy, vision and roadmap development
- Senior stakeholder engagement and business case development
- Best practice implementation of the Technology Code of Practice
The specific deliverables of the service(s) are tailored on a per engagement basis, to reflect context, scale, drivers, requirements and desired outcomes.