VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland turn large global challenges into sustainable growth for businesses and society through research and innovation
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is one of Europe’s leading research institutions. VTT is owned by the Finnish state. Our task is to advance the utilisation and commercialisation of research and technology in commerce and society. Through scientific and technological means, we turn large global challenges into sustainable growth for businesses and society. We bring together people, business, science and technology to solve the biggest challenges of our time. This is how we create sustainable growth, jobs and wellbeing and bring exponential hope.
Our world-class research and development efforts focus on the following global challenges:
- Climate action – Clean energy for the future: We know a number of ways in which to slow down climate change, and it all starts with cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
- Resource sufficiency – Prosperity from resource wisdom: Global challenges can be overcome by using resources carefully and efficiently.
- Good life – Improved quality of life, work, health and well-being: The world is changing, and everyone deserves a good quality of life.
- Safety and security – Resilience in a turbulent world: The world is safer than ever before, and we know how to prepare for unexpected phenomena.
- Industrial renewal – Innovations empowering industry: Digital solutions increase the efficiency of production processes and create new business opportunities.
VTT is an active and recognised partner in many European research and innovation communities, having strategic cooperation agreements with top-rated universities, research institutes and companies.
VTT is also among the most active European research institutes participating in the European Union research programmes. Joint European programmes such as Horizon Europe, EIT, Euratom, Eureka and Nordic Programmes, form the core of VTT’s international research activities. In these competitive research projects, VTT develops solutions with other key players around the world. VTT is active in industry-relevant Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and numerous ETPs (European Technology Platforms).