Lifescience Legal Design is your one stop shop for Legal, Regulatory, Corporate hands-on, and strategic advice; provided by Kathleen Denoodt
Lifescience Legal Design has a main focus on main focus on white and green biotech, medical devices, medtech, agri- and food law.
What do Lifescience Legal Design offer?
- Are you a company that doesn’t want or need to hire an in-house lawyer, but occasionally find you need the flexibility for sound legal advice, contracts to be reviewed, or need to make sure you are compliant with current local legislation?
- Are you planning to expand your business to other territories, or continents, but you do not have the legal, regulatory, or corporate bandwidth you require?
- Are you expanding your business to Europe, but you are not (yet) planning to hire an EMEA in-house lawyer?
- Is your current legal team not staffed for a complex project, and you need to hire a consultant with experience?
If any of the above scenarios describe your current business situation, then you’ve come to the right place. Helping our clients when they need us is our speciality.
We can provide:
- Commercial, corporate, compliance and regulatory legal work.
- From simple secrecy agreements to very complex collaboration or licensing agreements
- From the moment you plan to set up your company, we’ll be there with (strategic) advice, including dealing with the notary, and through every step of the life of that company until the company is sold or the winding-up of the company.
- GDPR compliance, Nagoya protocol, trade sanctions, export laws, all compliance in the life-science field.
- In-company personalized training for the above.
Kathleen Denoodt, is a Belgian national and has over 20 years of international experience as in-house legal executive.
Kathleen is your hands-on and strategic advisor. She has a plethora of project management skills, is tech savvy and is an easy and concise communicator.
Kathleen has worked for listed companies (listed NYSE Brussels and listed on NASDAQ), privately owned and family companies. She worked for a conglomerate, billion-dollar companies, mid-sized companies and starts-ups.
She has experience in corporate (including M&A, both national & international), commercial, compliance (trade, securities, ethics, FCPA, Nagoya, ABS legislation, medical devices and pharmaceutical products …), global financing and refinancing projects, risk management.
She led the design of the legal strategy supporting business results and developed legal support services on a global level for a US Headquartered life science company.
She has a law degree from the University in Brussels (VUB), an advanced Master’s in Business Law from the University in Antwerp (UA), studied American law for non-American lawyers in New Orleans, USA (Tulane University), and has a General Counsel Executive degree from Rotterdam Management school in the Netherlands.
Next to these law degrees she has a certificate of International Trade Executive from the International Business Institute in Brussels, and a finance certificate for non-finance managers training from Vlekho in Brussels.
While Kathleen’s mother tongue is Dutch, she is also fluent in English and French and masters German.