Chris Haden, CEO of Engeneum Limited, tells us about an NHS Trust and a Local Authority where Engeneum’s Digital Asset Management Solution is used to improve efficiency and support homeworking
With over 120 man years of expertise, Engeneum protects and manages your digital assets, with secure sharing and business workflows.
CASE STUDY 1
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWAST)
SWAST manage over 8 million clinical and training records for more than 10 years using Engeneum’s Digital Asset Management Solution with significantly reduced costs and secure home working during COVID-19 Pandemic.
SWAST had two areas of the organisation where the document management processes were slightly different and didn’t support the Trust’s digital strategy. The Clinical Documentation department had already been utilising Engeneum© integrated with a 3rd party data capture product for several years, and the second department, Training Records who had been previously been using a manual filing and storage process. This made locating records difficult and time-consuming plus the storage of paper records occupied a large area of a much needed Trust estate. This also presented the Trust with a GDPR issue. The document management processes within these 2 departments was historically costly, and using multiple suppliers to deliver one function also became a pain point.
SWAST have worked with Engeneum for a number of years. During an account review meeting SWAST were introduced to the Engeneum Workbench product which would remove the need to use the data capture software and enable SWAST to implement it across their entire scanning and indexing solution. The Workbench solution is easy to use, efficient, extremely cost-effective and enabled SWAST to manage their administration elements locally. All information could now be held securely in the Engeneum solution.
- The ability to scan and load all types of paperwork without the need for a specific template.
- Connects to SWAST Computer Aided Despatch (CAD) system allows index field matching.
- Metadata can be corrected (if required) to maintain the accurate indexing and retrieval.
- Secure, encrypted remote access (home working) by default.
- Increased productivity
- Significant cost savings
- Easy integration and flexibility to make changes in-house.
“Working with Engeneum has allowed us to digitise our documents in a quick and easy way, without the need for multiple templates. The administration and system permission functions can easily be managed locally, meaning we do not need to request changes from Engeneum or our internal IT department”
Kerron Allen, Clinical Information Systems Manager.
CASE STUDY 2
Nottinghamshire County Council (NCC)
Engeneum also helped long term customer Nottinghamshire County Council (NCC) embark on a pioneering project to digitise personnel files for innovative online document storage and retrieval to streamline their Human Resource practices. Online access is provided to employee/pensioner payslips, P60’s and all personnel files via secure online access for greater accessibility with improved control and security.
NCC’s, Business Support Centre’s (BSC) challenge was to eliminate paper from the HR processes and office as well as provide secure access to documents for their remote sites.
History: All personnel files were held at a transactional unit, 7 miles away from County Hall. With over 150 metres of paper files on shelving the retrieval, storage space and security of these files needed addressing. The resource needed to manage the sharing of files across whole the county was an additional challenge.
The expected turnaround time as standard was up to 48 hours! NCC realised that there was a need to streamline this process in terms of both cost and efficiency.
By working with Engeneum and utilising their SaaS Cloud-based Digital Asset Management HR Portal NCC have been able to create a central Employee Services Centre enabling centralisation of both HR and payroll functions with instant access to any records.
As part of the HR portal the Engeneum’s online payslips solution improved our payroll efficiency significantly and allowed not only existing employees 24/7/365 access to their e-payslips but ex-employees had access too. Issuing pension statements was also simplified.
Over 200 employees have access to the Engeneum HR portal and up to 30,000 users accessing online payslips which is improving business processes and efficiency throughout NCC.
Key Benefits for NCC:
- No limit to the number of users that can access their payslips and P60’s
- 24/7/365 access from any device and location. Full audit reports as standard.
- Document storage requirements and costs removed.
- Immediate turnaround of queries not 48 hours!
- Centralised documentation for easy access and sharing across the county.
- Connected to existing payroll software without integration coding.
- Fixed monthly fee ensuring easy budgeting.
- Secure infrastructure hosted in Azure UK data centres (On-premise is also available)
- Cost-effective, easy to use and saved over £140,000 in storage and resources
- Being able to purchase on G-Cloud Framework Agreement gave NCC confidence as the commercials were already in place and the purchasing process is straightforward.
“Engeneum’s HR Employee Portal has improved customer service through immediate access to documents; allowing us to respond to queries quickly. Individuals now spend time effectively, reducing delays and in creating personnel files.”
Steve Brooks, Team Manager (Recruitment), Nottinghamshire County Council.
Please note: This is a commercial profile
Editor's Recommended Articles
Must Read >> How SaaS automation has helped companies work faster